Online counselling is a another way for you to engage in counselling using internet technology such as video conferencing.
You direct your counselling, by selecting the time, the place and the pace of your counselling to suit your needs.
Every effort is made to provide a safe and secure environment for your online therapy with encryption software to protect your confidentiality and secure.
How it works
Zoom video conferencing is a way for you to see your counsellor face-to-face from your computer whilst engaging in therapy. You will be guided through setting up your own encrypted Zoom account and you will meet your counsellor on Zoom at a time that you have previously arranged. Sessions are 50 minutes in length. Being able to see your counsellor gives you more of the benefits you get from face-to face counselling but with the convenience of online therapy. By talking, you hear tone of voice which is a way to convey empathy and with video you see nonverbal communications such as facial expressions which can help you in building that relationship with your counsellor..
• Counselling from your own home at a time that suits you
• Secure inscription software offers confidentiality and peace of mind
• No chance that you may be seen entering the counsellors practice
• When using email or online chat, you are able to review what you are saying
• Counselling at a time, place and pace that suits you
• Some find it easier to express their feelings by writing it down
• Access to counselling may be more immediate
Things to consider
• Are you comfortable using internet technology?
• Would you prefer to see your counsellor face-to-face?
• Do you feel you can express your feelings effectively using words?
• Do you feel your situation is too complex to discuss via the internet?
• Is there a computer terminal that you can use privately without interruption?
• Text communication can sometimes be open to misunderstanding
• There are no nonverbal cues or body language for you or the counsellor to
read this can lead to misunderstanding.
Online counselling therapy take place within a secure, encrypted environment to offer you confidentiality and safety. Email correspondence is encouraged through a secure mail server and you will be instructed on how to set up a confidential email account for your counselling therapy is you need to.
Video counselling takes advantage of the encrypted services offered by Zoom and I will guide you through setting up a free account for your therapy. You will receive the login details to access your counselling session by me.
Unsure about technology
I will guide you through setting up your account to ensure you feel confident in using the platform.
You can find out more here Information About ZOOM
£40.00 per 1 hour session, payable by bank transfer. (30 minute initial session is free) Subsequent sessions to be paid at least 24 hours prior to the session.
I have a 24 hour cancellation policy, If you cancel a session within 24 hours of the appointed time, there will be no charge. If however you cancel within the 24 hour window, I charge a £20 cancellation fee (payable prior to the next session.)
In the unlikely event that I have to cancel session, I will offer another time slot as soon as possible within the week, or offer a free refund.
Click here to complete Referral form or telephone 07394098833 to book an appointment. Alternatively you can email me email@example.com
I have had training in online therapy that looks at different aspects of working therapeutically online including GDPR, risk assessment and consideration for the virtual therapeutic space to support clients emotionally.